Over the past five years, there’s been a resurgence in the number of people collecting records. Furthermore, a growing audience has come to find just how much fun it can be to listen to old records — as opposed to relying on the digital technology of today.
If you have old records in storage, it may be time to pull them out and check their value. The most valuable records in the world are highly sought after by collectors and can fetch millions of dollars at auction. Some of the most valuable records include:
- “The Quarrymen” by The Quarrymen (John Lennon’s band before The Beatles) – Sold for $110,000 in 2016.
- “My Happiness” by Elvis Presley – Sold for $300,000 in 2015. This was Elvis’ first-ever recording and was made at Sun Studios in Memphis in 1953.
- “That’ll Be the Day” by Buddy Holly and the Crickets – Sold for $225,000 in 2016. This is the original 78 RPM acetate of the hit song.
- “The Beatles (White Album)” – A rare pressing of the album with the serial number “000005” sold for $790,000 in 2019.
- “Do I Love You (Indeed I Do)” by Frank Wilson – Sold for $234,000 in 2009. This soul record was produced in 1965, but only a few copies were ever pressed, making it one of the rarest records in the world.
While these are among the most valuable record sales of all time, it doesn’t mean that others hold no value. You may find that some of your records are valued between$15 and $25. Depending on how many you have, you could be sitting on a few hundred dollars or more. Keep in mind that the condition of the cover art and the vinyl are the main drivers of price.
Four Sales is the leading estate sale company in Virginia, DC and Maryland. For the past 40+ years, Four Sales has conducted over 3,000 estate sales in Virginia, DC and Maryland. Four Sales estate sales headquarters is in Alexandria, Virginia with regional offices in Charlottesville, Virginia and Annapolis, Maryland.