Could that Comic Book be Worth Thousands?
Did you know that the most valuable comic books are worth hundreds of thousands of dollars (or more)? Heck, you may have one of these sitting in your basement and not even know it.
If you don’t believe this to be true, let’s take a look at a list of the five most expensive come books ever. This will go a long way in changing your mind:
5. Marvel Comics 1, valued at $499,000. This is the comic book that started the Marvel empire, making it one of the most valuable in the world. The company has come a long way over the years, but this is the comic book that started it all.
4. Detective Comics 1, valued at $535,000. This is the first issue of the comic that would eventually introduce Batman to readers everywhere. For those who are not familiar, Detective Comics stands for DC, the publisher that has been turning heads since 1937.
3. Superman 1, valued at $715,000. As the first solo Superman comic, this comic book is one of the most coveted in the world. Not only is it extremely valuable, but everybody wants to get their hands on items of value associated with the Man of Steel.
2. Detective Comics 27, valued at $2.57 million. This comic book is valuable for many reasons, none more important than the introduction of Batman. Over the years, the Batman character has grown in popularity with many movies captivating audiences. Many people don’t know that this is where Batman got his start.
1. Action Comics 1, valued at $2.89 million. When it comes to the most valuable comic books, this one is the cream of the crop. With only 100 of these in existence it is easy to see why this comic has become so valuable. Nicolas Cage sold a copy for $2 million in the past, however, a recent sale only brought in $175,000.
As you continue to build your collection, don’t overlook the finer tips regarding how to pinpoint the best values. For instance, determining the age of a comic book can be easy enough by looking at the printed cost on the front.
Now do you see just how valuable comic books can be? Scour through your personal collection, while also visiting estate sales, and you may be surprised at what you find. Comic book collecting is a favorite pastime for many, and this may be just what you need to bring back those good old childhood feelings.
Category: Estate Sales