Follow these Lifting Technique Tips at All Times
Are you in the process of planning an estate sale? Will you be attending a few of these events in the near future?
If you answered yes to either question, it’s safe to assume you’re looking forward to what’s to come. It’s also safe to assume that you may participate in lifting heavy items, such as furniture, at some point.
While there’s nothing wrong with this, here’s something to remember: your health and well-being should always come first. If you can’t comfortably pick up and move an item, you’re better off waiting for help to arrive.
Here are five technique related tips that you can’t afford to overlook:
· Think before you pick up an item. As noted above, don’t bite off more than you can chew. If an item is too heavy to lift, there’s nothing wrong with calling in some reinforcements.
· Keep the item close to your body. Not only does this reduce strain, but it allows you to maintain a stable position.
· Grab hold. It’s never a good idea to lift and carry an item without a firm grasp.
· Don’t bend your back. This is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. It’s also the one that leads to many back injuries.
· Don’t twist and lift. When lifting an item, keep your torso straight. Twisting, just the same as bending, increases the likelihood of an injury.
So, there you have it. If you find yourself picking up a heavy item, you can follow these tips to help prevent an injury that could sideline you for quite some time!
Category: estate sale