Football Season is Here! Are You a Card Collector?
With the first preseason football games kicking off over the next few days, there’s no better time than now to review your card collection. Not only will this bring a smile to your face, but it’ll also give you a better idea of the cards you want to add to your collection in the future.
If you really want to take your collection to the next level, here are seven of the most valuable cards of all time:
· 1948 Leaf Chuck Bednarik Football Rookie Cards – $30,000
· 1998 Playoff Contenders Ticket Peyton Manning Rookie Football Card (Autograph) – $42,500
· 1948 Leaf Sid Luckman Rookie Card – $46,500
· 1933 Goudey Sport Kings Jim Thorpe – $85,000
· 1957 Topps Johnny Unitas Rookie Card – $140,000
· 1958 Topps Jim Brown Rookie Card – $225,000
· 1935 National Chicle Bronko Nagurski Rookie Card – $750,000
While the values are estimates based on past auctions, this gives you a clear idea of just how valuable football cards can be.
Even if you don’t have the money to add these types of cards to your collection, you’re not out of luck. There are hundreds of thousands of others to consider, many of which are worth a good chunk of change.
In addition to shopping online for football cards, visit local estate sales. You never know when you’ll find a great deal at one of these events!
Four Sales is the leading estate sale company in Virginia, DC and Maryland. For the past 40 years, Four Sales has conducted over 3,000 estate sales in Virginia, DC and Maryland. Four Sales estate sales headquarters is in Alexandria, Virginia with regional offices in Charlottesville, Virginia and Annapolis, Maryland.
Category: Football Memorabilia