Lifting Technique Tips for Estate Sale Shoppers
As an estate sale shopper, you never know what you’ll come across. Some items, such as jewelry and silverware, are easy to pick up and transport to your home.
Others, however, take much more planning. Here’s why: they’re heavy enough to give you a run for your money.
Before we go any further, here’s something to keep in mind: most estate sale companies can connect you with a local moving company to help transport heavy items to your home.
If you plan on doing all the heavy lifting on your own, here are some tips that can help:
· Never attempt to lift an object that puts too much strain on your body
· Keep your back straight and lift with your knees
· Keep the object as close to your body as possible, as opposed to out in front of you
· Use your stomach muscles to maintain your balance
· Don’t twist and turn your torso, but instead use your feet to change direction
Note: most estate sale companies provide LIMITED lifting and carrying assistance, so plan to bring the appropriate manpower.
With these tips, you’ll find it much easier to safely and comfortably lift items that you purchase at an estate sale.
Once again, you should never bite off more than you can chew. Even if you’ve found exactly what you’ve been looking for, don’t talk yourself into transporting something that is too heavy. Instead, consider your other options, such as asking a friend for help or hiring a pro!
Category: estate sale