The price of sneakers continues to rise, with many pairs easily reaching $200 or more. However, that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Collectors are well aware that some of the rarest sneakers can fetch tens of thousands of dollars.
While it all started in 1985 when Nike and Adidas started making limited edition sneakers, the secondary market has really picked up steam over the past decade. Now, it’s not out of the question for a collector to drop thousands of dollars in a blink of an eye.
Let’s take a look at some of the most valuable sneakers ever sold (and an approximate value):
• Diamond Encrusted Air Force 1 – $50,000
• Air Jordan 11 ‘Jeter’ – $40,000
• Air Jordan 2 OG – $31,000
• Eminem x Carhartt Air Jordan 4 – $30,000
• DJ Khaled x Air Jordan 3 ‘Grateful’ – $25,000
• Macklemore x Air Jordan 6 – $25,000
• Air Jordan 10 OVO – $20,000
• Air Jordan 4 Undefeated – $15,000
• Nike Air Mag Back to the Future – $14,500
• Adidas NMD_R1 Friends and Family – $10,000
To some, it sounds crazy to buy a pair of sneakers at these prices. To others, they see opportunity. They see a market that is still in its infancy.
Four Sales is the leading estate sale company in Virginia, DC and Maryland. For the past 40+ years, Four Sales has conducted over 3,000 estate sales in Virginia, DC and Maryland. Four Sales estate sales headquarters is in Alexandria, Virginia with regional offices in Charlottesville, Virginia and Annapolis, Maryland.