Superman Memorabilia is Hot After All These Years
Superman made his first appearance in a comic book on April 18, 1938. While it’s been more than 80 years, he remains one of the most popular superheroes of all time.If you’re a Superman collector, there’s no shortage of memorabilia to get your hands on. From comics to toys, it goes without saying there’s always something else to add to your collection.
Here are 10 of the most valuable Superman collectibles:
· Action Comics #1 (1938) (sold for more than $2 million a few years back)
· Action Comics Superman contest prize ring (1943)
· Original Wayne Boring art (1940s-1950s)
· Battery-operated Superman tank (1958)
· Popsicle Superman promotional booklet (1945)
· World War II Superman signs (1942-43)
· Superman picture puzzles (1940)
· Superman gum cards (1940)
· Kellogg’s Pep cereal Superman button (1945)
· Superman promotional ashtray (1942)
While some of these items, such as Action Comics #1, will set you back more money than you want to spend, others are more affordable.
For example, a set of Superman picture puzzles can be purchased for somewhere in the $1,000 to $1,500 range.
If you’re interested in adding to your collection, make a list of your dream items and begin your search. In addition to online, you can search local estate sales and flea markets for hidden gems.
You never know when you’ll come across a Man of Steel collectible that you’ve been searching for!