The 10 Most Valuable Basketball Cards of All-Time
Are you a basketball fan? If so, there’s no better time of the year than March. For the next four weeks, March Madness will be in full swing. From blowouts to buzzer beaters, you can be rest assured of plenty of action unfolding on your television screen.
And just when you think all the fun is over, the NBA Playoffs roll around. This is good for two solid months of basketball, with games nearly every night of the week.
If you enjoy collecting basketball cards, here are 10 of the most valuable of all-time:
· 1948 Bowman #69 George Mikan
· 1957 Topps #77 Bill Russell
· 1980 Topps Larry Bird / Julius Erving / Magic Johnson
· 1969 Topps #25 Lew Alcindor (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar) Rookie Card
· 1961 Fleer #8 Wilt Chamberlain
· 1985 Prism Jewel Sticker Michael Jordan
· 1961 Fleer #36 Oscar Robertson Rookie Card
· 1986 Fleer #57 Michael Jordan
· 1960 Kahn’s Wieners Jerry West
· 1961 Fleer #3 Elgin Baylor Rookie Card
These cards range in value from roughly $20,000 for the 1961 Fleer #3 Elgin Baylor Rookie Card all the way up to $100k for the 1948 Bowman #69 George Mikan.
Of course, the value is based largely on the condition. So, if you’re interested in buying one of these cards but don’t have the money to shell out, you may be able to find something in your price range that’s less than “mint.”
Estate sales are a great place to find deals on all types of sports cards. You may never come across one of the cards above, but don’t be surprised if you find a few good additions to your collection.