Following in the footsteps of sports cards and Pokémon cards, Magic: The Gathering is once again picking up steam among collectors.
It doesn’t matter if you have old Magic: The Gathering cards stocked away somewhere or are just now getting involved, it’s a good time to be a collector.
Not all Magic: The Gathering cards are worth good money, but some — those that are extremely rare — often fetch well into the thousands of dollars.
Here is a list of the most valuable Magic: The Gathering cards, along with estimated values based on recent sales:
• Black Lotus: Up to $250,000 based on condition
• Ancestral Recall: Up to $15,000 based on condition
• Mox Sapphire: Up to $13,000 based on condition
• Mox Jet: Up to $10,000 based on condition
• Timetwister: Up to $6,000 based on condition
• Mox Ruby: Up to $6,000 based on condition
• Mox Emerald: Up to $6,000 based on condition
Everyone wants to add these cards to their collection, but it’s easier said than done. However, there’s nothing wrong with starting small — such as cards valued at $1k or less — and building your collection from there.
Four Sales is the leading estate sale company in Virginia, DC and Maryland. For the past 40+ years, Four Sales has conducted over 3,000 estate sales in Virginia, DC and Maryland. Four Sales estate sales headquarters is in Alexandria, Virginia with regional offices in Charlottesville, Virginia and Annapolis, Maryland.