Baseball is considered by many to be “America’s Favorite Pastime.” And for that reason, baseball memorabilia continues to be a big hit among US-based collectors.
While there are plenty of modern-day baseball collectibles to get your hands on, those from the past are often the most unique and valuable. Let’s take a look at some sales numbers from the “McGreevy’s sports bar” auction:
- 1903 Boston baseball program and scorecard: $2,242
- 1900 souvenir mini baseball bat: $189
- Vintage pinback button: $5,015
- 1947 Boston Braves souvenir home plate: $71
- Antique baseball glove: $201
- 1958 Fenway Park season complimentary pass: $266
- 1903 Folk art pennant: $325
While all of these items are related to the Boston sports scene, a quick search online or at a local estate sale will turn up a lot more than that. If you’re in the process of growing your collection, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Narrow your search by team, player, or sport.
- Do your research before making a purchase.
- Verify authenticity.
- Be patient if you deem the price to be too high.
Four Sales is the leading estate sale company in Virginia, DC and Maryland. For the past 40+ years, Four Sales has conducted over 3,000 estate sales in Virginia, DC and Maryland. Four Sales estate sales headquarters is in Alexandria, Virginia with regional offices in Charlottesville, Virginia and Annapolis, Maryland.