What Factors Impact Your Estate Sale Profit?
There are many reasons to have an estate sale, with some homeowners looking at this as a great way to earn some extra money.
While you hope to profit as much as possible from your event, there are many factors that impact just how much cash you generate. Here are some things to think about:
· The items you’re selling. It goes without saying that some items will bring more money than others. Your inventory will have a huge impact on your profit, so keep an open mind about selling anything that could generate a nice profit.
· Your pricing structure. Just because you have items of value doesn’t mean they will sell. If you want to maximize your event, you should price items to sell without going “too low.” In other words, find a happy medium.
· The number of people who walk through the door. You could have the best items and lowest prices around, but if no one shows up you can’t make any money. This is why it’s so important to market your event accordingly.
· Condition and desirability. High quality items in good condition will fetch more money. Just the same, those that are desirable among your audience are more likely to sell.
· Whether or not you use an estate sale company. From pricing your items to the setup to collecting payments, an estate sale company makes it easy for you to step back and watch the action unfold. They can also help you generate the largest possible profit.
So, there you have it. These are a few of the many factors that impact your estate sale profit. What can you do to improve your chance of success?
Category: estate sale