As an autograph collector, there’s always another item and signature to add to your collection. However, even if you’ve been successful in growing your collection, there are likely to be a few special items that you’d love to add.
Here are eight of the most valuable autographs of 2019, as well as what they recently sold for at auction:
· George Washington’s Acts of Congress: $9.8 million
· Abraham Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation: $3.7 million
· Babe Ruth baseball: $388k
· Jimi Hendrix record contract: $200k
· Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe baseball: $191k
· Albert Einstein picture: $75k
· Jesse James picture: $52k
· John F. Kennedy newspaper clipping: $39k
Maybe you’ll add a similar item to your collection in the future. Or maybe you have to set your sights a bit lower. Either way, you’re never done collecting.
As an autograph collector, the thrill of the chase is every bit as exciting as adding to your collection. There’s nothing like laying your eyes on that piece you’ve been searching for.
If you want to grow your collection, search local estate sales alongside online auction services and websites. You may be surprised to find a diamond in the rough for sale (at a good price) in your local community.
Four Sales is the leading estate sale company in Virginia, DC and Maryland. For the past 40 years, Four Sales has conducted over 3,000 estate sales in Virginia, DC and Maryland. Four Sales estate sales headquarters is in Alexandria, Virginia with regional offices in Charlottesville, Virginia and Annapolis, Maryland.