Do you enjoy playing video games? Do you have just as much fun collecting games from the past?
While there are thousands upon thousands of video games available for purchase – both old and new – some are more valuable than others.
As a video game collector, you’re not always searching for games to play. Instead, you’re looking for those that will make a good addition to your collection (as opposed to providing you with non-stop action).
So, this leads to an important question: what are the most valuable video games? Here are seven that any collector would love to own:
· Gamma Attack for the Atari 2600
· Blockbuster World Championships II for the Sega Mega-Drive / Genesis
· Superman for the Atari 2600
· Stadium Events for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
· Wrecking Crew for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
· King Of Fighters 2000 for the Neo-Geo
· Nintendo World Championship for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
Since these games are extremely rare it can be a challenge to find one to add to your collection. And even if you do, you’ll likely find yourself parting with thousands of dollars.
With this in mind, you may want to turn your attention to video games that are more common but still hold a higher than average value. Here are some to consider:
· Donkey Kong Country 3 for SNES
· Final Fantasy X for Playstation 2
· The Flintstones: Surprise At Dinosaur Peak for NES
· Super Mario Bros. for NES
· Air Raid for Atari 2600
Tip: the factory sealed version of any game is always worth more than one that’s out of the box and showing its age.
If you’re a video game collector, you can search online and at local estate sales for new additions to your collection. Happy hunting!