The Sports Card Market is Booming!
The sports card market began to pick up steam during the high point of the COVID-19 pandemic. While it has slowed a bit, the market is still chugging along with quite a bit of momentum heading into 2022.
In this post, we’re going to check out some of the top auction sales from the first 10 months of 2021. These results will open your eyes as to where the market stands:
- 1996-97 Topps Chrome Refractors Kobe Bryant #138 BGS Pristine 10 Black Label: $1,752,000
- 2013-14 Panini National Treasures Horizontal Rookie Patch Autographs Logoman Giannis Antetokounmpo #130 (1/1) BGS MINT 9/10: $1,812,000
- 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle #311 PSA NM-MT 8: $2,112,000
- 2000 Playoff Contenders Championship Rookie Ticket #144 Tom Brady Autograph (008/100) BGS MINT 9/Auto 10: $3,107,372
- 1909-11 T206 White Border Honus Wagner PSA GD 2: $3,660,000
- 2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Superfractors Mike Trout Autograph #BDPP89 (1/1) BGS MINT 9/10: $3,840,000
- 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth #53 PSA Mint 9: $4,212,000
As you can see, it’s not just vintage sports cards that are fetching big money at auction. Modern cards can be just as valuable, which is why a growing number of collectors are reentering the hobby after some time off.
If you have sports cards lying around your basement, attic, or closet, now’s the time to pull them out to see what you have!
Four Sales is the leading estate sale company in Virginia, DC and Maryland. For the past 40+ years, Four Sales has conducted over 3,000 estate sales in Virginia, DC and Maryland. Four Sales estate sales headquarters is in Alexandria, Virginia with regional offices in Charlottesville, Virginia and Annapolis, Maryland.