For many people, buying a used bed frame makes a lot of sense.
If you find yourself in the market for this item – such as at a local estate sale – there are some basic questions you need to answer. Here are a few that deserve your attention:
· What is the material of the bed frame? Generally speaking, it will be either wood or metal. Metal is more common in today’s day and age, with these also among the more durable of the two.
· What is the size of the bed frame? An important question to answer, as the frame needs to match the mattress and box spring that you have or will be purchasing.
· Are you familiar with the different types of bed frames? In addition to traditional frames, there are those for bunk beds, sleigh beds, and cabin beds among others.
· Have you checked for all the parts? It’s not difficult to assemble a bed frame, but it can be slightly more challenging if some of the parts (such as the connecting bolts) are missing.
· What condition is the frame in? It’s easy to believe that it’s impossible to damage a bed frame, but this isn’t exactly true. A wood frame, for example, could be cracked in one or more spots, thus causing some concern about using it in the future.
So, there you have it. If you’re in the market for a used bed frame, answer these questions before pulling the trigger on a purchase. You’ll be glad that you did!