people spend so much time collecting baseball cards and memorabilia that they overlook other sports, such as the great game of football.
With the end of summer quickly approaching, it won’t be long before football season is here.
If you’re interested in adding value to your football card collection in the months to come, some cards deserve more attention than others.
Here is a list of 10 cards that every collector would love to add to his or her collection:
· 1935 National Chicle Bronko Nagurski Rookie Card
· 1965 Topps Joe Namath Rookie Card
· 1958 Topps Jim Brown Rookie Card
· 1957 Topps Johnny Unitas Rookie Card
· 1933 Goudey Sport Kings Jim Thorpe
· 1957 Topps Bart Starr Rookie Card
· 1948 Leaf Sid Luckman Rookie Card
· 1998 Playoff Contenders Ticket Peyton Manning Rookie Card (Autograph)
· 1948 Leaf Bobby Layne Rookie Card
· 2000 Playoff Contenders Ticket Tom Brady Rookie Card (Autograph)
While many of the most valuable football cards date back to the 1930’s through 1960’s, there are several – such as the 1998 Playoff Contenders Ticket Peyton Manning Rookie Card (Autograph) – that aren’t nearly as old.
For a better idea of how much these cards are worth, a 1935 National Chicle Bronko Nagurski Rookie Card in good condition is likely to set you back $500,000 or more.
Fortunately, there are plenty of valuable cards from the most recent era of football that cost less (think $100 to $1,000), but are still worth adding to your collection.
If you want to find a hidden gem, spend some time scouring estate sales, garage sales and flea markets in your local area.