Ways to Have More Buying Success at an Estate Sale
For many people, there is only one thing more exciting than attending an estate sale: finding a great deal that puts a big old smile on their face!
There are several simple steps you can take if you want to achieve more buying success at future estate sales. Here are some ideas to consider:
1. Attend the first day of the estate sale. This is not a requirement, but it goes a long way in ensuring that you get first pick of everything that is available.
Tip: if you find something you love but realize that the price is too high, visit towards the end of the sale. If it’s still there, you may be able to secure it at a bargain price.
2. Be patient. Nobody likes to wait in line, but your patience will pay off in the long run. It’s not uncommon for there to be a limit in regards to how many people can be in the house at a given time. As long as you are patient you will get your turn.
3. Become familiar with the payment terms upfront. The last thing you want to do is make a purchase, just to find that the payment terms are not going to work for you. For example, is the estate sale setup to accept credit cards? This is typically the case when an estate sale company is in charge. However, individuals very rarely accept any form of payment outside of cash.
4. Ask about the pick-up policy. Are you required to take home big items on the spot? Are you permitted to stop back in the future, before the estate sale ends, to take it home? Again, this is something to become familiar with before making a purchase.
5. Stay in touch with the best estate sale companies. By doing so, you will always know when the next great sale is rolling around. For example, we have a list of upcoming events on our website. This gives you a jump on the competition. You can also sign up for their mailing list to stay up to date.
By following this advice, you will find yourself in position to achieve greater success as an estate sale buyer.
Category: estate sale