What are the Most Valuable DC Comic Books?
A few weeks back, we shared a list of the most valuable Marvel comic books. This time around, we’re going to take a closer look at some of the most valuable DC comic books of all-time.
If you own any of the following comic books, it’s safe to say you’re sitting on a gold mine:
· Action Comics #1 (1938) (highest known sales price: $4,530,000)
· Detective Comics #27 (1939) (highest known sales price: $2,490,000)
· Superman #1 (1939) (highest known sales price: $768,000)
· Batman #1 (1940) (highest known sales price: $634,000)
· Detective Comics #1 (1937) (highest known sales price: $586,000)
· All-American Comics #16 (1940) (highest known sales price: $572,000)
· More Fun Comics #52 (1940) (highest known sales price: $310,000)
These DC comic books are extremely difficult to find. Not to mention the fact that they’ll set you back several hundred thousands of dollars (or more).
Fortunately, there are thousands of DC comic books that are just as fun to collect, but not nearly as expensive to purchase.
If you’re interested in expanding your collection, search local estate sales for comic books that aren’t yet in your collection. You may be surprised to find a few gems that put a smile on your face!
Four Sales is the leading estate sale company in Virginia, DC and Maryland. For the past 40 years, Four Sales has conducted over 3,000 estate sales in Virginia, DC and Maryland. Four Sales estate sales headquarters is in Alexandria, Virginia with regional offices in Charlottesville, Virginia and Annapolis, Maryland.