Founded in 1939, Marvel Comics has brought to life some of the most well known characters of all-time. They include the likes of Spider-Man, Captain America, Black Panther, Iron Man, Bulk, Wolverine, Ant-Man, and Deadpool.
While you can catch many of your favorite Marvel Comics characters on the big screen, there’s another way to enjoy them: comic books.
Comic books are not as popular today as they were in the past, but that shouldn’t slow you down as a collector. Many early editions are worth big money, with these among the most valuable:
· Amazing Fantasy #15 (highest known sales price: $1.1 million)
· X-Men #1 (highest known sales price: $490,000)
· Tales of Suspense #39 (highest known sales price: $375,000)
· The Incredible Hulk #1 (highest known sales price: $326,000)
· Captain America Comics #1 (highest known sales price: $300,000)
· Marvel Comics #1 (highest known sales price: $300,000)
· The Avengers #1 (highest known sales price: $274,000)
It doesn’t matter if you’re searching for one of these comic books or one that’s less valuable, the condition is extremely important.
While a mint or near mint comic will sell for top dollar, one in average or poor condition isn’t worth nearly as much.
If you’re a big Marvel Comics fan, it may be time to start or grow your memorabilia collection.
Four Sales is the leading estate sale company in Virginia, DC and Maryland. For the past 40 years, Four Sales has conducted over 3,000 estate sales in Virginia, DC and Maryland. Four Sales estate sales headquarters is in Alexandria, Virginia with regional offices in Charlottesville, Virginia and Annapolis, Maryland.