When buying a t-shirt, the last thing you’re thinking about is whether or not it may be valuable in the future. Instead, you’re seeking something that suits your style and budget.
However, when it comes to vintage t-shirts, all bets are off. Believe it or not, many of these are worth hundreds or even thousands of dollars.
A quick online search turned up a list of the most valuable vintage t-shirts, along with recent sale prices. Let’s take a closer look:
• True Vintage Prince T-Shirt: $4,800
• Glow in the Dark Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Vintage T-Shirt – 1983: $4,999.99
• Beatles “Butcher Cover” Original Promo Vintage T-Shirt – 1966: $6,000
• Run-DMC Vs Adidas Tee: $8,000
• Keith Haring Original Silk Screen Vintage T-Shirt: $25,900
• 1987 Nike x Beatles Revolution Rare Vintage T-Shirt: $50,000
As you can see, the most valuable vintage t-shirts are generally associated with pop culture. Rare music-inspired t-shirts, in particular, have the potential to fetch big money.
These aren’t the types of t-shirts that you wear. Instead, if you have one of these in your possession, it’s best to put it away for safekeeping.
If you’re a t-shirt collector, these are just a handful of those that you want to add to your collection. Search online and at local garage and estate sales in hopes of finding what you’ve been looking for.
Four Sales is the leading estate sale company in Virginia, DC and Maryland. For the past 40+ years, Four Sales has conducted over 3,000 estate sales in Virginia, DC and Maryland. Four Sales estate sales headquarters is in Alexandria, Virginia with regional offices in Charlottesville, Virginia and Annapolis, Maryland.