Reupholstering Tips to Follow
Have you found a killer piece of furniture at an estate sale that needs some TLC? Once again, the right approach to reupholstering could work in your favor.
Most people who are interested in reupholstering run into one problem: they don’t know where to start. If this sounds familiar, you have two options:
· Contact a professional who specializes in this.
· Learn how to do it yourself.
If you want to learn more about reupholstering, perhaps so you can do this on your own, here are some tips to follow:
1. Consider the cost vs. what the piece is really worth. Does it make sense to spend several hundred dollars to reupholster a chair that has no chance of being functional in the future?
It is not cheap to reupholster furniture, so make sure you compare the cost vs. what you are getting in return.
2. Know your options. When it comes to cushions, for instance, you may find yourself comparing down and feather to foam. If money is on your mind, foam is the way to go. If comfort and luxury are what you want, it is time to consider down and feather.
3. A bad job will stick out like a sore thumb. Over time, a bad reupholstering job will become more noticeable. For this reason, don’t take on the project yourself unless you are 100 percent confident in your abilities.
There are many benefits of reupholstering. With these tips at your side, it is easier to decide what to do next. Are you ready to take on this project?